• User Name
  • Password
  • Remember Me
14 Dec 2017, 20:39 HRS IST
Oppn leaders express disappointment over 'hasty' decision to disqualify Sharad Yadav and Ali Anwar from Rajya SabhaOpposition parties say EC's attitude casts ominous shadow on its credibility and integrity of electoral processOpposition parties criticise alleged violation of code by PM Modi and the EC for its alleged inactionWe feel the CEC is acting like PM Modi's PS, says Cong leader SurjewalaIt is a sad day for the country as EC has denigrated the Constitution: Cong leader SurjewalaCong leader Surjewala attacks PM's roadshow, says EC acting like puppet and frontal organisation of BJPPM's roadshow after voting in Gujarat Assembly polls is violation of code of conduct: Cong leader Randeep Surjewala
  • PTI
  • Nephew kills warden of Patna jail, commits suicide

  • Advertisement
  •  Share
  • Print Print
  •  E-mail
  • Comments Comment
  • [ - ] Text [ + ]
20:27 HRS IST

Patna, Dec 7 (PTI) A prison warden was shot dead today inside the premises of high-security Beur Central Jail here by his nephew, who then took his own life, police said.

It appears that Vishal Kumar Singh (21) had an affair with the daughter of his uncle Santosh Kumar Singh (45), something that the warden must have disapproved of, Superintendent of City (West), Patna, Ravinder Kumar, told PTI.

The assailant committed suicide by shooting himself after killing his maternal uncle at the police quarters, Kumar said.

"It is not fully clear as to what caused the young man to behave so recklessly. Though prima facie it appears that he had an affair with the jail warden's daughter. We are still investigating the matter," the SP said.

The country-made pistol used in the crime has been seized, Kumar said.

"Vishal shot himself immediately after firing at his uncle. Hearing the sound of gunshots, people living in the neighbourhood informed the police. The policemen reached the spot only to find the uncle-nephew duo lying in a pool of blood," the SP said, adding that they were taken to a hospital, where they were declared 'brought dead'.

  • Post your comments