Woman dies, 4 injured after hut catches fire due to gas leak

Updated: Jun 10 2023 1:37PM

Ballia (UP), Jun 10 (PTI) A 24-year-old woman died and four others were injured after her hut caught fire due to cooking gas leakage, police said on Saturday.

The incident occurred while the woman was cooking food on Friday night in Atrauli village under the Nagra police station area.

Rasra Circle Officer (CO) Mohammad Faheem on Saturday said on Friday night, a hut in Atrauli village caught fire, while food was being cooked, and subsequently, it assumed gigantic proportions.